Thursday, February 19, 2009

Day 18-- I've Fallen and I can't get up!

So it has been going better this week... on track with the diet and finally doing weight lifting as well as cardio. I am missing my desserts though...badly. So I had a Hershey's Kiss today. It was really good. The girls were having one... there were 4 kisses and 4 of us... seemed to make perfect sense. Now, you are probably thinking, "There is no harm in indulging in a little taste sometimes..." except it is the gateway drug!!! Tim is gone tonight and I am sitting here feeling SO hungry... and there are my leftover See's candies in the fridge... so I had one. And then I thought, well I already had one and the kiss earlier, so what is one more??? But that is the problem! That mentality!!! We can't just throw away our hard work with anything in life over one stupid slipup. Every time I choose to eat is another chance for me to make the right choice... so I am still hungry, still craving (badly) but my hot tea is brewing right now and that will have to do for another hour until I have a delicious chocolate protein shake (c'mon I am trying to convince myself!) Moral of my story: still not ready to let myself have those tiny indulgences here and there... guess it is too early in the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment