Sunday, February 8, 2009

It's Day 7 ---> Cheat Day!!!

Yeah! End of week one!!! I am so proud of Timmy and myself for making it through week one! Now this might not seem like the biggest deal, but in the past, we usually quit by day two and that is just diet... we never exercised! Friday was good except for when we went a little too long to eat... that is when visions of fountain sodas and sourdough jacks danced in my head. I notice when we are eating every 3 hours max the cravings are not there. Yesterday was a challenge... went to a birthday party with the kids and they were serving Aladino's pizza...oh man! I LOVE that stuff. I didn't have a piece only because we are in week 1 (remember the whole gateway drug thing???) and just popped a piece of gum in my mouth instead. Last night we went to a friend's house for dinner. I brought over steak and potatoes (all ok on the eating plan) but we ended up eating too large of a portion, strawberry salad (not awful but still...) and my steak was covered in sauteed mushrooms... who could resist? It was wonderful! So we will cheat today and just have a healthy dinner. As for the results of week 1.... before I annouce these I must add that prior to starting this, I had been doing weight watchers and working out 20 minutes a day for 8 days straight... I didn't lose an ounce. I thought it was because I must be gaining muscle, until this week on the Biggest Loser when Jillian said if people tell you that it is bull sh**... I think weight watchers is a good way to lose, but I think eating 6 times a day and only running for the 20 minutes, but the fluctutations of the run, really jump started my metabolism.

Start of week 1: 151 pounds, had to do squats to fit into jeans, sluggish in the morning, bloated
End of week 1: 146.8 pounds, still have to do squats to fit into jeans, energy in the morning, not bloated!

(by the way---> props to my man for losing 7 pounds!)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Kait. Congrats on successfully completing your first week! I know first hand doing Body for Life isn't easy, so I have to give you major props. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kait - good for you....I am worried too about the job thing...life does throw curve balls. How we handle them defines us...you rock.

    ReplyDelete